Saturday, April 08, 2006

Oh Danny Boy

Well he got the call. He's heading to Iraq. I'm talking about my friend Dan Heintz. we meet in scouts and have been friends ever since. He goes to scout meetings when ever there isn't school for him in mankato. He also comes on all the campouts he can. He signed up in the national guard as soon as he turned 18. He is a Cavalry scout. That's were they go behind enemy lines and scout the enemy positons. He told me that he would probably be a truck commander or a gunner. He's going to be in a humvee running security for convoys he tells me. Also that he might be part of a Quick reaction force or something like that. Basically he told me that when shit starts to happen he'll probably be there. Well I hope he invests in some Kevlar stock before he leaves. He also told me that instead of the standard 6 months desert training, they are only getting 2 months. Stating that they can get everything learned in 2 months. Well I'll be sending him books upon books to him over there. He said he'd really like that. Well Dan I hope you stay safe over there and get home
A SAP. When you do get home we'll play with some airsoft guns and and go get liquored up pretty good at a nice pub.