Friday, April 07, 2006

I'm going to throw a coup at Barnes and Noble

Stupid Barnes and Noble. We now have to follow what B&n does as way of the store operations. After my store manager came back from a meeting in chicago she told us we are going to do this thing called Internal Store Operations (ISO). We have to follow what B&N does as: shelving, recieveing, zoning, Returns, and bunch of other useless crap. This is going to generate a whole bunch of paperwork that doesn't make sense and just eats up time and wastes paper. For example: After I zone a bay of books(scan a book with our ray gun, if it beeps it gets returned), I have to sign off on a sheet of paper saying I got let's say bay 23, rows 1-6 done. Since I am a key holder I have to get certified on how to do my job. I have been doing it close to 2 years now without being certified. This is the biggest load of shit I have ever recieved from B&N. This was mean't for a store the size of B&N, our store is way smaller compared to them. They want us to get more work done, with less people, and they won't let alot us enough hours to get all of this junk done. Oh well, I have to roll with the times.

3 comments:

Rocketstar said...

Thanks for the visit unionman, I assume the hoohah is an afirmation of the post?

So, the bricks and mortar book stores are still alive and well.

I wonder as time goes by and those "older" folks who are used to "touching and feeling" the books before they buy them die off, will the B&M stores still be around?

What is your take, who are the people you see coming in etc... ?

Dem Soldier said...

Rolling with the times is only what we can do...take it easy man..

dawnmarie said...

that sucks! no offense, but i feel worse for Diana.

did you really fix this? that's what you said last time!