Sunday, April 23, 2006

I am Spartacus

Yesterday was among one of my great days at work. Yesterday I caught a shoplifter red handed. This guy had tried to steal from us before. I was walking around the store to see if anybody needed any help. I saw this guy round a corner in the kids non-fiction section. So I went ahead a bay and then went to the otherside of the bay he was in. I slowed down to hear if he was doing anything, and sure enough he was. I rounded the corner really fast and caught the guy with 3 hardcovers in his hand, he also had a Marshell Fields bag filled with harcovers (religous ones even). Then it was like and eternity. I stared at him, and he stared at me. It was like that for at least 15 deathly silent seconds. Then this is what happened next: "Sir, this is what we're going to do; We are going to go up to the front desk and call security". Then he responded "I wasn't stealing, I was just going to go up front and pay for these". Then I told him "Okay then, I am going to take this bag and we are going to go up to the front so you can pay for those books". I had him walk in front of me, then he set the books on a shelf and took off. I would have gone after him, but he could of had a pistol or a blade hidden and that would have not done me any good. We called security and then had an officer come into our store. The officer asked how many books and how much money was it worth. It was like 10 or 12 hardocvers and like 296 dollars worth of books. he said it was a felony. So I gave him a description of the guy. After that I bought a new harmonica, and little instruction book. Well I have to go do the rest of my homework and studying for finals. Later.

1 comment:

dawnmarie said...

a harmonica? seriously? that's so john.

accroding to my "sources" $296 would be a gross misdemeanor, not a felony. mall cops don't know what they're talking about.

seriously! fix this commenting thing!