Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Life's tough

I am sitting here listening to the writers almanac with Garrison Keillor. He reads birthdays and anniversay of events of great literary writers. At the end he reads a poem. Like i said in a previous post that I bought GK's "Good Poem's" book. I only read a couple of the poems and there are fantastic. I like to write short fiction and some day I really want to write a novel. I also write a little bit of poetry too. I started writing when I was in my high school creative writing class. I absolutly loved it. I kept all my stories and poems on a flash zip drive. I also have the poems in a little black notebook that I also keep with me. I think this would be a great place to share some of my poems. This is one titled

"Life's Tough"
I have an alright look at life
But for me it's always filled with strife.

I go to school and come home from work
that's what it's like.
I just hope it's better for my brother mike.

When I moved out it was hard for my Mom
It wasn't hard for my brother Tom.

Dennis Leary has a great quote for life:
"Life's tough get a helmet"

If you liked it leave a comment, if not still leave a comment. If your in my research class, come over and say something, I am the kid who always wears the Boston Red Sox hat. Lator gators

John Engrav

No comments: