Monday, October 30, 2006

A Beer infused weekend

My weekend was really fun. Definatly the best one I have had for a couple of months. Friday after my dad came home I practicaly had to drag my dad out of the house to get going to Winona. On the road down we listened to the world series game. After we got to my uncles house, we bullshited fo about a half hour and then we headed down to a bar called Charlies. Now this is a bar that is not frequented by college kids. My aunt called it "divorce city". We started off with a pitcher of Leinenkugals, had some popcorn while we waited for our burgers. We watched the Cardinals win the game, and had another pitcher of beer. Now that night I think I had about 3/4 of a pitcher. Then the next day I went to the Winona state football game. We sat in one of my dads frat brothers press box. Was really nice, he ordered pizza and chicken wings. Another guy brought some beer, I had about three cans. After the winning game, my dad and uncle had to go rake leaves at a duplex that they rent to college kids. While they were doing that my aunt wanted to take me to the Winona county historical society building. We went and was pretty cool. They had a scale model of a lumber yard set on the river. After that we went to the coffee shop and had coffee and some kind of a chocolate peanut bar. We left back for my uncles house. About 2 hours later my dad and I went to go visit my grandmother in Rushford. When we got back we had deer steaks and of course more beer (I only had 1). The next day my dad and I went back to my grandmothers house to rake her yard and do some other yard work for her. She made us this huge feast for lunch. When we left from there, we went to a farm that we hunt at every year for deer hunting. Mouse is the guys nickname, his real name is Wayne. So we scale the hills and check where all the deer stands are and other good lcations to move them to. We then went to a place where Mouse had his newly made wood cabin. He really decked it out, in front he had a open pit grill made, and an outhouse made.


Going right to left their is: Dale (my uncle), Mouse the farmer, his wife Jeannie, one of our hunting buddies Dave Perkel otherwise known as just Perk, me, my dad with the wood stick in his hands, and Mouse's mother. And of course all of us in the front have a beer.

After my dad and I got home, we took my brother tom back to St. Thomas. After we dropped him off my mother decided to go to Green Mill brew pub. We find out that you can get a 23 oz. beer for a 16 oz. price. So we both order some local brew they have there. Once we get it, I take a sip and like it where as my mother doesn't like hers. So I end up drinking both and having a pretty good Guinness hamburger to go with it. And that was my weekend. I also never once had a hangover. Pretty cool eh?

No comments: