Sunday, July 02, 2006

Good coffee and old stories are two of life's glories

I have had a pretty good weekend. It started on friday my birthday. I went to work and jackie had brought a cake and a card. I told her she didn't have to do that for me but she said she wanted to. Then after work I headed back to my place. My roomate jon was vacuming the steps and I wanted to see if he would remember if it was my birthday or not. Of course he didn't say anything, I really didnt care if he did or not I just want to see. So after I left I went to my parents house and we then went to Famous Dave's in Apple Valley. I love Famous Dave's. It has to be thee best BBQ joint around. I had some ribs and some of their BBQ chicken. During supper I guess it was Apple Valley's Freedom Days. They had a car show going on as well. I saw this 1947 chevy roadster with purple neon lights underneath. I absolutley fell in love with that car. Oh they also had this 1977 black Chevy Chevelle SS there to. When the owner of the car left, he left with the peddle all the way on the floor. It roared like a fucking banshee. The sheer power that car has would bring a man to his knees. It was sheer heaven listening to that car drive. After we left that, we went home for some cake. My mom wanted my brother to make the cake. So he did. Just not that well. He added 2 boxes of mix, and double the ingredients for the 2 boxes. When he took it out he took this package of frosting and put all the frosting in the center. So it made the middle of the cake sink, so he then spread it all over. But thats not hte end of it. The frosting began to melt and pool in the center. After it cooled he got out another package of frosting and spread it on the cake. This time it stayed. When I originally came over he showed me the cake. We both laughed so hard, our stomachs hurt. I told him it was the best cake ever, and I meant it too. As we were eating the cake later that night. My mom heard about this and took a fork and stuck the middle of the cake. She picked up a huge gob of forsting. Now everyone really started laughing hard.
Saturday my brother and I went to Brit's pub in Minneapolis for the world cup soccer game, England vs. Portugal. They had 2.50 pints of Budlight and Bass Ale. I forgot to eat breakfest so I had a pint to replace that. Now I have never had beer for breakfest, nor will I probably ever have it in the future. But all the English Soccer hooligans there were already plastered. After the hurtful loss England had, we went to MOA and had lunch at Ruby Tuesdays. After that we went to the Puma clothing store and I went to Lake Wobegon USA, and bought a mug. After that we went to B&N and looke around. I saw one of my old managers from B. Dalton that worked there now and talked to her for a while. I told her about the game and then this older guy with a grey mustache came over and wanted to know who one. I told him and he said " Oh god, my niece just flew in from England, and she doesn't know how the game went,I guess i have to break it to her gently". When he said that he sounded kind of panicky. After we left the mall I went to Walmart and bought a laptop power cord, because mine crapped out. That was my weekend so far.

2 comments:

dawnmarie said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOHN!

That cake story is awesome. seriously awesome. And it's always good to see Sisa.

And if yo uwant to talk about heartbreaking losses, BRASIL LOST?! WTF?

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday John!

So I heard about your semi drunk wonderings at MOA with the dazed world cup confusion on your face. However when I went on the floor to look for you you were already gone :) J/K

Jackie is always good for a cake.