Friday, August 04, 2006

Best weekend since I moved

My roomates went up to Silver Bay this weekend with her parents. I have the entire place to myself, it is so great. The dogs went down to his parents house in Cannon Falls, so all that is left is the cats. But the cats are fine, so I can turn my music up loud without anybody complaining. I have set up my retro record player in the living room and have been playing my records since they left. Right now I am watching the Twins game, and monitoring the Red Sox game. I looked at the wildcard standings and the damnyankees are not on it anymore, which is great but why aren't they? can someboby explain it to me? But I see that the Red Sox are on top now so I cant complain. I went to half price books today to sell some stuff, and pick some stuff up. I saw this book titled "Reversing the Curse" its on the 2004 Red Sox. Then I saw this other baseball book titled "Rebel Baseball" its about the Northern League and the St. Paul Saints. Here is a passage from the book:

Top 10 reasons to watch the St. Paul Saints:
10. The team wont be moving to Dallas anytime soon (when this book was written the North Stars just moved to Texas).
9. The green stuff in front of you is grass, not "turf".
8. at these prices you can afford to bring your mother-in-law.
7. Chance to point out constellations between innings.
6. Self-serve car wash right down the street.
5. Can sing "Take me OUT to the ballgame" with a clear conscience.
4. Owners care more about fan interest than compund interest.
3. No guys in suits asking what a DH is.
2. You're in the same tax bracket as the players.
1. Baseball, baseball, baseball.

Well thats it, I have to get back to the game. The royals just surpassed us. Crap.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

The Yankees aren't at the top of the wild card standings anymore because they're leading the AL East. The Red Sox are at the top of the wild card standings because they aren't leading their division anymore.

UnionMan1864 said...

thank you for explaning that for me.

Anonymous said...

Hey! This is Brandy, from FHS and Inver. E-mail me sometime: Newyorkcity144@charter.net

www.myspace.com/brandy414

TTYL

Brandy