Monday, November 20, 2006

Deer Hunting, my seventh year

I got back from deer hunting last night. We went out on saturday, didn't see anything in the morning. In our party one guy got three, another got one. Then in the afternoon we made a push on 2 seperate hills and I got 2 does. At the end of the day we had a total of 9 deer including my dads 6 point buck. The next day, half of us decided to sleep in. I had stayed at my uncles house for the weekend and we decided to show up at the farm where we hunt at arounf 9 a.m. We made another push on a south 40 acres of scrub brush and forrest. Nothing came out of there and then we decided to go register our deer and then go butcher. It took us about 5 hours to butcher all 9 of the deer. the entire weekend was really windy. Everytime I got ready to shoot my shotgun I took my gloves off, and then the wind would start to howl. So my hands were really chapped.
So now I am in school and really really really tired. And I just noticed one of my work boots has deer blood over it. Gross.

1 comment:

Thomas said...

You're grossed out by deer blood after killing several of them? Sounds like Norman Bates.